Book Crawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Tower Addition/Graphic Novel a Win

Go down

Dark Tower Addition/Graphic Novel a Win Empty Dark Tower Addition/Graphic Novel a Win

Post by Bob Arctor Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Well I thoroughly enjoyed King's addendum to the Dark Tower series, The Wind Through the Keyhole. It doesn't really add anything to the overall storyline of the series, which I'm actually glad about. It seems that to add would be to alter, and I like the story just fine the way it is. I was a little thrown off by the story within a story within a story format, but overall it was an enthralling little adventure filled with the brutal monsters, shady characters, heroes, magic and science fiction elements that are the calling card of this series.

I enjoyed the graphic novel as well, but to a lesser extent. The artwork has a very distinct style and I spent a long time looking at each page. One thing I wasn't a fan of was how small the text was. I often found myself holding the book close to my face to read it, which was kind of uncomfortable and took me out of the story a bit. Also, I'm used to experiencing this series through narrative as opposed to illustrations, and of course the narrative in the graphic novel pales in comparison to that of the actual books, so I couldn't help but feel like the story was a bit dull. I like the graphic novel more as a collector's item for a fanboy than as something I got a lot out of.
Bob Arctor
Bob Arctor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum