Book Crawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★

3 posters

Go down

Book of the Month: August 2014

BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ I_vote_lcap33%BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ I_vote_lcap67%BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ Empty BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★

Post by Bunpocalypse Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 am

Sorry about all the confusion while I figure out a good system for voting! :P Since we've had a few stalemates and there's only three or four of us actively voting, I've decided to only put up two books at a time as it cuts back on the amount of titles missed out upon as well as poll ties. Still, I will continue to work through the suggestions box on a first-come-first-serve basis (posts containing multiple titles will have one chosen at random) so we should be moving down the lists in an orderly fashion. Do let me know if you have any suggestions about the voting process or if you think I've missed something!

So without further ado...the contenders for BotM: August 2014!  Wave

Last edited by Bunpocalypse on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Bunpocalypse
Bunpocalypse

Back to top Go down

BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★ Empty Re: BotM: August 2014 ★Vote NOW!★

Post by Knave of Blades Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 am

As there are few of us voting, having two titles is a good thing, I think. There is no reason why more choices can't be added in future when we have more members, perhaps adding another when we reach certain landmarks.

Regarding book suggestions, I could rattle-off titles every day, as I simply enjoy doing that and think about it anyway. Perhaps there could be a sticky and updated post with all titles suggested (with a line through, asterisk or bold-type for club-read titles) to be seen at a glance? I know the list is small enough now, but it will grow, and it may be people express interest for a title that was missed - as there have been ties, there is no reason we can't back and put forward one that wasn't picked last time. I do have a tendency to spew titles, so if you want me to curb my enthusiasm, let me know. I'll try!

I'll usually favour a book that I've not read when voting, and to give people a chance to contribute and be heard. However, I do get excited to hear other people's thoughts on old friends. The thought of discussing the Bell Jar with you had me going all month!  :P 
Knave of Blades
Knave of Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunpocalypse Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 am

I think the idea of a list of books that were suggested/read  is a good idea and I'll work one out in the daylight hours, perhaps either in a new sticky or in the Suggestions Box original post.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk much about The Bell Jar on Sunday! Reading your discussion with Ice Queen was great, though.  Nod
Bunpocalypse
Bunpocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am

I agree with both of you!
Bunny, I could help with sorting out the list of books that we weren't able to read!
IceQueen
IceQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunpocalypse Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Wow, that was much easier. :P So August's book is Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter.

Oh, and the list should be easy enough to throw up, so I'll have it there by the end of the day.  Thumbs Up 
Bunpocalypse
Bunpocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Knave of Blades Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Sweet, I'll order the book tonight.
Knave of Blades
Knave of Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

kk, bunny !