Book Crawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts

2 posters

Go down

Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts Empty Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts

Post by Knave of Blades Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 pm

So, I'm clicking around the forum, and keep being taken off site to sign-up pages for free games, etc, and a company that has very similar layout to Flash.
Knave of Blades
Knave of Blades

Back to top Go down

Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts Empty Re: Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts

Post by Bunpocalypse Mon May 19, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm not seeing anywhere that says Forumotion is making use of redirect ads, text ads, or pop-ups. Only banner ads are enabled for this forum. You might be accidentally clicking on ads?

In any case, you might want to download adblock plus for your browser.

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

Next to the download button, click the icon for your browser to download the correct version.

If you're still having this problem, you might want to run a virus scan to make sure you're not running any spyware.

Is anyone else having this problem? If you're being redirected or seeing text ads/popups, please let me know!

Bunny
Bunpocalypse
Bunpocalypse

Back to top Go down

Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts Empty Re: Taken off-site and fake Flash download prompts

Post by Knave of Blades Mon May 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Thank you, I'll take those steps.
Knave of Blades
Knave of Blades

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum